Chronicles of a girl that found GRACE!


How una dey? I know say edon tey but make una forgive me. I hope you don’t mind me mixing my English with some pidgin, that’s the vibe I’ve been getting lately.
The tori wey I bring today na serious something! okay… I went for a training and part of it was “Customer Service Training” When the training was about to start I was expecting a very long and boring lecture but reverse was the case .I enjoyed it!!! I think say na all those class wey una go dey snor when teacher dey talk oo. If I didn’t pick everything from the class, I learnt about ATTITUDE in a different way. Our speaker taught us that attitude is everything., she talk say attitude na the wey we carry our sef, the way wey we dey dress, and then she stressed communication as being very vital in having a good attitude. It’s  the way we express our ideas and thoughts to people. She talked about the different ways to communicate either, verbally, sign, technology(social media). Here are some interesting facts I learnt about communication:

  • Communication is 7 percent words, 
  • 38 percent tone of voice
  • 55% body language.

I come remember the adage wey talk say “Actions speaks louder than words” , We all know also that words are like eggs, once spoken, it can never be taken back, but you know what caught my attention  most is the 55% body language, no wonder some people will just mention some things and do another thing (I no blame our politicians then!). I know some people mean well but the tone of their voice will make you hide under your bed for days. Some people actually have the right intentions but the manner of approach is just totally wrong! Just ask simple question and they return their answer like a frustrated barking dog  and you are like “Aunty I just they ask ooo, we don dey fight before?”  I understand sometimes some certain situations might lead to this but it shouldn’t be a norm to be tagged “UNAPPROACHABLE”  I see why some people wey dey meet come marry from social media dey get issues later, they only get to communicate 7 percent and the remaining 93% they make up for in the marriage( I’ve never been against long distant relationship, but if you must: you gotta be wise!!)

Ehen! so here’s a summary of what I learnt from the attitude lesson:
To have a good attitude: You must be yourself, make you dey shine your teeth always so that when blessings come e no go run away from you, carry yourself well well(good clothes, good hairstyle, deodorant e.t.c). Also, know how to communicate effectively(good tone of voice,body language and talk when necessary).
And then, she wrapped up the class with this piece from Charles Swindoll:

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.  Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.  It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do.  It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.  It will make or break a company… a church… a home.  The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day.  We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.  We cannot change the inevitable.  The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude… I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you… we are in charge of our Attitudes”

 N/B: Most importantly,  You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Philippians 2:5

Since I’ve  been feeling very Nigerian lately…enjoy the song tooo (hehe) and don’t forget to leave your comments!

One response to “BRING ON THE ATTITUDE”

  1. Nice piece….. That's why it sometimes feels like someone is offended by what we say.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: